Tuesday, May 23, 2017

My 25 Favorite Comics

I decided to rip-off Álvaro Pons and write in the next weeks about my 25 favorite comics. After criticizing the comics canon (and make no mistake, that is the comics canon, or, at least, a comics canon that is highly influenced by the United States; I can only imagine a French-Belgian influenced comics canon with Hergé and Bilal and Moebius, etc... still more trash, of course...).  Anyway, I would love to promise one text per week, but I'm far from being sure that I will do that. The texts will vary in length according to my inspiration of the moment.

Finally, let you be warned that I will cheat. A lot! By cheating I mean that I'll choose one page, or one book by an artist, but I will not let myself be confined to just one item. If relevant I'll write about more than one item or more that one artist or author. Also, I'm not an expert on everything so, please excuse me in advance for any mistake or any underdeveloped theme.

Thanks!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to this!

Isabelinho said...

Thanks zillipede!

Álvaro Pons said...

WoW! Thanks!

Isabelinho said...

De nada, Álvaro! Espero poder hacerlo, de verdad... Lo digo porque estoy muy lejos de tener tu prolijidad.

MMMNNNRRRG said...

just do it!
and I'll pubish your texts later, if not as official book as a bloody pirate xeroxed zine!
hahahaha
go go go!
Spirit and Maus No More!
M

Isabelinho said...

Obrigado pelo encorajamento M! Já fiz uma lista preliminar, mas vou esperar para ver se há "blatant missings" ou se tenho de baralhar e dar de novo.

MMMNNNRRRG said...

whatever...
para quem esperou este tempo todo pode esperar mais umas semanas...
além disso com a trabalheira que vou ter com a Feira do Livro de Lisboa, não vou ter tempo para te "ripar" a lista!
:)
M

Isabelinho said...

Acho que não estás a perceber o conceito. Isto, na melhor das hipóteses, vai demorar meio ano ao ritmo de uma entrada por semana. E, para manter o suspense, só vou revelar a lista à medida que for escrevendo. A lista só ficará completa no final. Quanto aos primeiros dez não tenho grandes dúvidas. Os restantes quinze é que poderia ser este ou aquele ou aqueloutro, etc... etc...

MMMNNNRRRG said...

tamos nessa, quer dizer que prá 2018, vou ter de fazer um livro pirata e não um simples fanzine-pirata?
só me dás trabalho!
:)
M

Brad Brooks said...

This is going to be great!

Isabelinho said...

Thanks, Brad!

Daniel Ferreira said...

Isto sim, é atitude!

Estou expectante e ficarei certamente grato pelo resultado :-)

Isabelinho said...

Obrigado, Daniel!

R. S. Martin said...

Look forward to reading the series!

Isabelinho said...

Thanks, Robert! American comics will not be many, I'm afraid.

Unknown said...

Ansioso para ler, Domingos!

Isabelinho said...

Obrigado! Não comecei já porque é muito difícil fazer uma selecção. Como digo, os primeiros dez foi fácil, o pior são os outros...