Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Good Monsters and Bad Monsters?

Deeze says that most things in life aren't right or wrong. He says there's not too much black or white. To his eyes most stuff is like pencil shading. Lots of shades of gray. Mama says it's different. She believes it's either right or wrong. Me? I think they're both wrong. For me it's like a photograph. You have to look close. It looks like shades of gray, but it's really lots and lots of tiny dots of inky black on a perfect page of white[.] 
I guess that's the difference... a good monster sometimes gives somebody a fright because they're weird-looking and fangy... a fact that is beyond their control... But bad monsters are all about CONTROL... They want the whole world to be scared so that BAD MONSTERS can call the shots.
Emil Ferris, My Favorite Thing Is Monsters, October 2016. 
The above quotes are enough to make me hate this comic. I know I'm alone in this, but when was I not alone?...

No comments: